The key questions of this case study are the following:
- Which importance does the topic circular economy have for cluster managers and other regional
- Which types of circular economy activies do regional actors undertake?
- What are the current cross-sectoral collaboration patterns in circular economy activities?
- What are future cross-sectoral collaboration patterns in circular economy activities?
- Which role do different framework conditions such as entrepreneurship, regulation or finance
play for different circular economy activities?
- How can regional and cluster policy support the creation of a favourable business ecosystem
and how it can stimulate the necessary cross-sectoral linkages?
The study was based on the literature review and survey. The survey was launched among business
advisory service providers, notably cluster management organisations, across the 28 EU Member
States and the EU Associated Countries. The survey was open for three weeks in September 2015.
The survey questionnaire was designed following the conceptual model of the Regional Ecosystem
Scoreboard and was based on an initial desk research on framework conditions that can be considered
relevant for ermerging sectors.